Welcome to Asia Clean Energy Forum 2020
Vision 20/20: Cross-sectoral Innovations for a Sustainable Future
15-18 June 2020
In 2020, ADB will be celebrating the 15th Anniversary of the Asia Clean Energy Forum (ACEF). We will use this occasion to reflect on what has been achieved since 2006, and how we can work with partners to significantly accelerate the clean energy transition throughout Asia, with the aim to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and support the operational priorities of Asian Development Bank’s Strategy 2030.
ADB is focused on infrastructure project financing, with more than half of its total investment portfolio in the energy and transport sectors. Progress in renewable electricity supply is encouraging globally and in Asia and the Pacific, but it is also important to accelerate progress toward cleaner energy in transport, heating, and cooling. The ACEF 2020 theme of Vision 20/20, with a focus on cross-sectoral innovations, is derived from the broad objectives of the SDGs and covers the 7 priorities of ADB’s Strategy 2030.
ACEF 2020 Format
ACEF 2020 will have a similar format as in previous years:
- Plenary Sessions with a few, high quality, high-profile, and visionary international speakers: plenary sessions will cover global energy challenges, showcasing successful energy projects in ADB developing member countries, engaging with the private sector, and energy innovations and future directions.
- Thematic Tracks with technical sessions curated by ADB specialists:
- Enhancing road maps to meet Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the Paris climate accord
- Multi-sector approaches to clean energy development (“Energy ++”)
- Differentiated approaches to address energy challenges in fragile and conflict-affected states and small island developing states
- Building energy sector resilience.
- Deep Dive Workshops (DDWs) will complement the plenaries and thematic track sessions. These DDWs will be organized by ADB and/or partner organizations.
- Networking Day on Monday to encourage informal collaboration and knowledge exchange among the ACEF community and with ADB staff.
- Special events may include Women in Energy Lunch, Women-only networking receptions, Instagram Photo Competition, ACEF Twitter Contest; ADB on the Ground and Dim Sum with Clean Energy Entrepreneurs