Asia Clean Energy Forum 2019
"Partnering for Impact"
The Asia Clean Energy Forum (ACEF) 2019 was held at the Headquarters of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in Manila during the week of 17–21 June 2019.
ACEF strives to be one of the leading clean energy events in the Asia region, and it focuses on bringing together a diverse community of practitioners and implementers to identify, discuss and address the key clean energy challenges we face in the region. ACEF 2019 focused on the challenge of effectively using knowledge to increase the scale and speed of clean energy deployment.
Since 2006, ACEF has been bringing together a diverse mix of stakeholders including project developers, financial institutions and investors, non-profits, entrepreneurs, government officials, donors and program managers, and civil society and academia, to exchange experiences and engage in spirited discussions on how we can accelerate progress to build a clean energy future for Asia. This year, brought together nearly 1,600 people from 78 countries across Asia and other parts of the world to share their experiences in addressing a wide range of issues facing the clean energy sector. We purposely reach out to practitioners from other continents, because we have found that many of the most interesting discussions and outcomes result from South-to-South, North-to-South, and South-to-North discussions and exchanges that occur at the Forum and continue afterwards.
- Addressing remaining poverty and reducing inequalities
- Accelerating progress in gender equality
- Tackling climate change, building climate and disaster resilience, and enhancing environmental sustainability
- Making cities more livable
- Promoting rural development and food security
- Strengthening governance and institutional capacity
- Fostering regional cooperation and integration
- For more information, please access ADB’s Strategy 2030